ADUR VALLEY EFORUM PAGE
INTERNET HOSTING SERVICES AVAILABLE
Please send an EMail to the above address if you wish to subscribe to the Adur Electronic Bulletin:
Publishing Forum Webring site is owned by
Andy Horton EMail
Want to join the Internet Publishing Forum Webring?
|[Skip Prev] [Prev] [Next] [Skip Next] [Random] [Next 5] [List Sites]|
Modern map, Bungalow Town, Ancient Times
Housing, Historical Snippets
Shoreham Lifeboat Station
|Knowhere Shoreham-by-Sea||Shoreham Sailing Club|
History in the Making
|Marlipins Maritime Museum||Adur Political||Shoreham Beach|
|Shoreham-by-Sea 9 Events||Shoreham-by-Sea 10
|Shoreham Residents Homepages||Shoreham Local Organisations Homepages|
The largest parish church in the UK is the Parish Church of the Most Holy and Undivided Trinity at Kingston-upon-Hull. Its external length is 87.7 metres (288 ft). It is made of brick and was constructed circa 1285.
The remains of the largest discovered Anglo-Saxon Church was found at Circencester and measured 55 metres long. The oldest remaining Anglo-Saxon church is St. Peter-on-the-Wall, at Bradwell-on-Sea, Essex dated from AD 654-660. However, the Church of Winchester (replaced by the Norman Cathedral, 1093) was built by King Cenwalh of Wessex circa AD 648 and was 30 metres long., although this seems to be enlarged to a church of a length of 76 metres by the 10th century.
Lancing College and Chapel
The largest school Chapel is at Lancing College (on the hill on the opposite of the River Adur to Mill Hill in the town of Lancing). It has a capacity of 600. The height of the chapel is 45.7 metres (150 ft).